Customers now go online to shop. Customers want products and services that cater for their needs and they require an attractive e-commerce website.
E-commerce strategies that every expert ecommerce development company adopts to make your business successful are:
- An exceptional first impression: Your e-commerce website must keep users engaged. Make sure your content is creative. Invest in quality designs. Think about design approaches that will work on your niche
- Photos: Great designs and big photos are areas you can focus on. Make sure the pictures of your product stand out, enable zooming and use big pictures. Change your pictures regularly so that your e-commerce website will have a new vibe. According to Arthur Brisbane, “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Customers want to see high quality product photos with alternative angles.
- Site navigation: Make sure users can easily find what they are looking for in your website. Add ‘what’s new’ category to your e-commerce website so that customers will see your latest collections. Use drop-down menu’s and have a ‘recently viewed’ feature on your website
- Unique idea: Your e-commerce store has to be unique. Browse social media sites and see what is trending. You can visit websites such as Trendhunter, Springwise, NOTCUT and Trendwatching if you want to get unique trending ideas.
- Have a unique selling proposition (USP): There are thousands of e-commerce websites and it is imperative that you have a unique selling proposition to differentiate yourself. Do your research. Know what your competitors are focusing on and what they are missing out on.
- Blogging: Blogging can increase visitors and leads on your e-commerce website. Publish your blog regularly.
- About Us page: Your About Us page should be appealing, compelling and spark curiosity. It should be able to generate sales.
- SEO strategy: Optimize your product page and use relevant keywords. Use friendly URLs, avoid duplicate content, have a good internal linking, use analytics and utilize user-generated content. You can even get a profound assistance from a professional SEO agency in this regard.
- Target the right audience: Your online store will be successful if you target the right audience.
- Use live chat: People want some form of human interaction in e-commerce. Most users that take advantage of live chat are likely to buy again and there are online shoppers that only buy from e-commerce websites that offer live chat.
- Improve shopping cart experience: Most customers are looking for free shipping options; if you can do free shipping then you should as it will drive traffic to your e-commerce website. Make sure your shopping cart is easy to use.
- Ask for feedback: Get feedbacks from your customers as it can help you improve the products or services you offer. Know if your customers are satisfied and if they aren’t find out why. Reviews can improve your website. Consumer reviews increase sales and most customers trust a brand after they have read positive reviews.
- Secure website: A secure shopping experience on your website will help maintain your integrity. Data is sensitive and customers are careful about placing orders. Ways to reduce online fraud are picking a secure platform, running PCI tests, tracking al your orders, asking for strong passwords and using a good SSL authentication.
Social media: Your e-commerce website should have strategies to gain popularity on social media sites. Your e-commerce website must have your Facebook and Twitter account. Keep your social media account are active and avoid spamming.
Junaid Ali Qureshi